Friday, September 25, 2009

You mean I don't have to kill myself?

Nick Adams (who swam Catalina AND English Channel this year...English Channel many times) sent me the note below. I was contemplating doing another 8 hour swim this weekend, but he (and others) advise against it. There is nothing that I can do now that will make me swim farther, faster or give me any more stamina (except getting lots of rest and good food).

Lazy-lethargic-Lynn is saying "Oh goodie, let's have a Guiness or three and a nap!" and Stern-work-ethic-driven-Lynn is moaning..."no, no, no...you'll swell up like a whale and they will have to gaff you out of the channel!"

*************************************************
Dearest Darling Lynn

You are a hero! Personally I wouldn't be doing so much distance this close to a swim. You've done plenty and will be fine on the day. Rest now, eat lots to get fully fuelled for your swim.

Give your body time to rest and repair. You are so strong mentally and physically, that you'll do what's required on the day, but you have to start the swim fresh and injury-free.

You really are one of my heroes. I have never met anyone with such a sunny personality and someone that smiles as much as you. Belive in yourself like we do; don't best yourself up before the swim believing it's the only way.

With all my love
Nick
PS Hug hug hug

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how Lynn keeps her sunny personality up. Just being around her picks me up no matter how I feel that day. :)

    ReplyDelete