Monday, September 7, 2009

Hurts to breathe, Hurts to swim

I am not sure how this happened, but I woke up with it this morning.
Today was a glorious day and I had planned on a 4-6 hour swim but my body said: NO!

I took off at 7am and the water was a balmy 70-72 at least....clear and gorgeous. A PERFECT day!
except...
What's that pain in my chest?
My friend's father had passed away the night before and I cried a bit...was my heart hurting? Yes and no...this was on my right side. swim swim swim.
Made it to the Main Beach buoy but with significant pain. But the water was so beautiful...schools of fish and ouch, ouch , ouch. I can't continue. But I didn't want to get out and walk.
I made it back to Oak street and conceeded that my swimming day was done.
I chattted with a cute older surfer guy (who was an Army Medic in the day) strained muscle...take it easy.
I do not have that long to "take it easy" though. I am a little worried. My massage Therapist friend Kathy, felt it up and said it felt tight and to compress and ice.

I have 2...count 'em, two back-to-back channel crossings Tue-Wed (Joe Locke) and Wed-Thu (David Livengood, love that name) this week. I was supposed to be a kayaker for Joe but got promoted to Official Observer! that is good because kayaking could hurt my "owie" more if I had to go out and work those muscles
This thing has a week to heel up. I still need to do a 10 hour swim and night time training. Not much time...I may have to defer to next year if it still hurts.

I so want to do this, but I do not want to be crawling in excruciating pain. I want this to be a joyful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment