Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Taper!


Earlier in the season, I attended an Art Opening at Peter Blake Gallery and was chatting with my friend Bob Pece (http://www.scagallery.com/sca_artist_bobp.html) . He introduced me to Joe Emley, who is a chiropractor and head of his volunteer fire battalion in Emerald Bay (friend of swimmer friend Bruce Newell who is head of his volunteer fire battalion in Modjeska Canyon). anyways Dr. Emley offered me an adjustment before and after my Catalina attempt.
Last Friday I got the courage to go to his office (in Laguna Beach at the corner of Thalia and Glennerye) and ask for the adjustment.
I've never been to a chiropractor before but it seemed like he unleashed the inner popcorn popper in my spine. Wow! That felt good! Well, some of it hurt a little too but there was a nice warmth afterward. He said to come back for one more adjustment before my swim!

The next day when did an ocean swim with Patsee, she said it seemed like I was swimming faster...OOooohhh! I just want to be able to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment