Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Friends from "down unda"!

Facebook friends, Penny Palfrey (Santa Barbara Is. to Palos Verde Sept 24-25) and Chris Palfrey (Catalina Sept 28-29) are out visiting for channel swims. They are from Townsville, North Queensland, Australia...
I was going to kayak for Chris' swim, but had signed up before scheduling my own swim and Forrest talked me out of that.
I am going to update Penny's Facebook for her via updates from her observer Anne Cleveland starting tomorrow! That will be fun to be in on the progress of her swim. I hope the ocean lays down calm for her.
Last night (Sept 22-23) Carol Sing went out for her swim but the conditions were so choppy she was getting sick and and had to let the attempt go. I was sad to hear of that, because if she had been successful she would have set the record for oldest person to swim the channel at 68. I hope she tries again!
Tomorrow night Chris Palfrey will be joining us for our kayak-led night swim. That will be fun having a guest from "down unda"! Too bad it's in the dark and Chris won't be able to see how beautiful Laguna Beach is...

No comments:

Post a Comment