Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Healing

It was a BIG week last week. I was hurting but was able to kind of take it "easy" with 2 back-to-back channel crossings for Joe Locke (Sept 8-9)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CvryimGzZA

and David Livengood (Sept 9-10)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTDueGHNWEU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym4FkTI8gHg

I saw my doctor on Thursday and he said he said to stay off of it for another week (oh well) and gave me a 7 day prescription for a strong anti-inflammatory. I didn't swim Friday and attended a funeral for a friend's father (the ceramics teacher from my high school), Cliff Hilliard.
Saturday I met with my coach Ahelee who helped me work out a revised training schedule. She believes that I have a solid training base and that even if I don't do any more "big swims" between now and then I will be able to do the channel! That was a HUGE confidence boost.
Sunday I did the Gatorman (3 mile) at La Jolla and the conditions were really rough. This was the first time I had swam since the previous Monday and I felt the pain enough to just go slow (my time was a terrible 1:50.something).
Monday I just did a 3000 kicks with arms at sides and iced all day.
Today (Tuesday) the 15th I did 3150 in my normal lane. I still feel it but not nearly as bad as Sunday. I may go out for an ocean swim later on today (or stay home and ice/heat the area some more).
I am trying to get some folks together for some Night swims this week. I need more of the dark training!!!
It is getting so close.

No comments:

Post a Comment