Saturday, September 19, 2009

Falling into place...

I am so excited! I just got an email from Paula Selby of CCSF:
********************************

Hi Lynn,

This message is to confirm that David Clark has been assigned as your primary observer, and Beth Weber as your assistant observer for your Catalina Channel swim scheduled for Tuesday, October 6 – Wednesday, October 7 on the Outrider. As time and logistics permit, Beth can probably assist with paddling as well, if needed.

Please advise David and Beth as to when Outrider is scheduled to leave the dock in San Pedro. Best of luck to you with your training! We’ve had a highly successful year so far this year, so the Channel Gods are smiling down upon us! On behalf of the Catalina Channel Swimming Federation, we wish you the best of luck with your upcoming solo swim!

Cheers,

Paula Selby

Support - Catalina Channel Swimming Federation

********************************

David was the Observer on Chris Robert's swim when I kayaked. I got shoved out into the dark roiling void saying "I'm scared, I'm scared, I'm scared..." He didn't think I would last 15 minutes and I went on to pull through several hours into a beautiful sunrise (though the conditions were still pretty crappy).

So David is among one of the more experienced CCSF observers and teaches the observer kayaker class. I feel honored to have him as my observer.

No comments:

Post a Comment