Monday, February 16, 2009

What day is this?

I'm loosing track of days and without the workday regimen it is all blending together. Today it was cold and rainy. The water felt cold. the rain on my back felt cold. I could smell fires from fireplaces and imagined this would be a really nice day to curl up with a book in front of a fire next to someone...but none of that. I get to swim. Today is the day I topped 200 miles.
I swam 27,350 yards and hit 382,200 yards or 203.98 miles. I think my goal is 300 miles, but better just to say the goal is "to finish" (Jim McConica said that was his goal on his 2008 Anacapa swim; I liked that).
I ran into Catalina channel aspirant Beth Weber at LBHS this evening and the thought of swimming the channel somehow gave me renewed energy (though I think I need to ice my shoulders now).
I was thinking of renaming the days of the week for us atemporal types...Whatday, Whoseday, Whenday, Worseday, Whyday, Betterday, Huh(?)day.
Twelve more days in this month...I guess I am not so atemporal after all. Twelve more days of this swimming mania and twelve more days until I move!

No comments:

Post a Comment