Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Transitions and (small) Disappointments

Yesterday was the last day at my old job. I probably should have felt more emotional for such a passage, but 2/3s of the employees have been let go prior to me (and I was chair of the Employee of the Month Committee!). But I was too zoned out from having swam 24,000 yards before that.
A friend had me over for dinner (that sounds funny...eh hem) and then I went to bed early.

This morning I thought I was going to be putting in a BIG day, but my body told me otherwise! I did a double workout with Irvine Novaquatics. My left triceps hurt terribly. I am almost giddy that my shoulders feel strong and intact but the muscle thing was killing me. I did 7200 between the two workouts and went home and iced my arm.
I went to 24 Hour Fitness for the next workout after that but the arm pain wouldn't go away. I did another 9100 and decided to call it quits for the day. I am icing and heating the arm now...I expect it to be fine tomorrow (positive energy!)
:)

1 comment:

  1. I hope your tricep is feeling better Lynn! I admire your swimming, artwork & journaling. ~ Cindy

    ReplyDelete