Monday, February 2, 2009

Obstacles

This morning, I did a double workout with Irvine Novas and got in a 6,600 yards between the two workouts. I had to go into work after that to clear a few more things out of my cubicle/my home-away-from-home and tried not to get too teary-eyed.

After that I was trying to figure out where to get the next workout in...Novas, LBHS or 24-Hour Fitness. I opted for the 24-Hour, because I thought I would get the longer time-chunk to swim. Unfortunately I was met by a pool of bobbing apple-doll people, taking up all 2.5 lanes of the outdoor 25-yard pool.

"Join us!" they said. No thank you., not unless I could reasonably convert the vertical thrust to a horizontal yardage? I had to wait a half an hour for the ladies to exit the pool and the lane lines to be reset.

When I finally did get to swim (1 wicked 18,200 set plus an easy 200) I had an odd series of lanemates: big Splashy guys (BSGs), Lane runners and bobbers, 2-length sprinters (then off to the jacuzzi). It was mostly entertaining, but a little distracting. I think next time I will just hit the Nova pool...

No comments:

Post a Comment