Saturday, February 21, 2009

Mind versus Body

Last night I had guests drop in. My good friends, Randie (a soapmaker and owner of an all-natural bath and body care products line: http://www.randhillnaturals.com/ ) and Neil (a talented and creative photographer: http://www.rankinsphotography.net/ )


They will be moving from Carpinteria to Crescent City next week. I will miss them very much. They have been wonderful hosts when I had swimming events in the Santa Barbara area. I decided to start the swimming day a little late to have breakfast with my them. I ended up doing 24,500 today...Marcy's wicked set (18,200) plus 4x1500, and 300 wd. It all boiled down to the mind and body arguing over the last 1500.

B: No way, can I pull out another 1500, I'm spent! Toast! Burnt!
M: Hmmm, what if we throw in fins?
B: Fins and paddles?
M: You hate those sets! Why now?
B: I'm tired...oh and make every other 100 kick with board.
M: So you'll do the 1500 then?
B: And I want more beer!
M: Well...you do need the calories.
But then you'll have to do a 300 toyless warmdown to stretch out. For the beer!
B: Ugh...


Today I surpassed my age group (W50-54) record of 262 miles held since 1996! I am at 269.15 miles (or 473,700 yards).

No comments:

Post a Comment