Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday Night - PAAARRRTTTYYYY!!!

Hey Friday Night! Time to party! Let loose! have some fun!

WOO HOO!

Well no...I am at the Laguna Beach Community Pool swimming my third workout of the day. In fact, I am the only swimmer and feel a tiny bit self-conscious.

I don't look up but I can almost feel the glare of the somewhat curmudgeonly guard waiting for me to call it quits. It is raining...no it is pouring. The drops on my back are so fast, huge and cold I wonder if it will turn to hail?



I am in a perfect zone though. I could swim this rate forever...Pulling up and down some pyramids...500, 400, 300, 200, 100, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 500, 400, 300...then an unexpected WHACK!!! on my feet...
"Gotta get out now!" The guard says "I heard rolling thunder twice and I'd hate to see you fried". I hop out of the pool and dash to the showers. I have never-ever heard of anyone in a pool getting electrocuted from lightening. I think tonight it may have been just a lifeguard who really wanted to go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment