Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines Randomness

Today I only swam 15,000 yards, but I was able to pick up a small paying freelance gig that will cover gas and food for a few weeks! I am tired and my skin hurts and I need the break anyways. I have ventured up to Long Beach for this opportunity and thought that I would have been able to hit the lap swim at Belmont Plaza Pool...But alas, Belmont was not. The ominous "Meet Parking This Way" sign gave a hint of lack of accessibility. Rats!
I ended up hitting the evening swim at LBHS. Tressa, one of the managing guards let me swim a little longer. They all know me now. It is kind of fun to have a cheerleading section with my February swim. It was neat that one of the guards, Peter...acknowledged that my stroke was improved over last year!
I gave a spare cap to a woman that had forgotten hers today. I gave my "Swim For Life Foundation" silicon cap to Alicia. I have been stuck capless before so it felt good to help someone else out!
I also saw my future neighbor Patsee, swimming. She has joined Nova Masters but is recovering from rotator cuff surgery...you wouldn't know it but she is 60 going on 6! Super energy and I am so happy to get to have her as a neighbor and future ocean swimming partner!
I am at 308,650 yards or 175.something miles. My goal is 300, I think...barring injury I may make it?

No comments:

Post a Comment