Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Sign Says...


The LBHS pool is across the street from a church. Last week when I went to swim the six "Pool Patrons Only" spots were taken up with gigantic SUVs that didn't say "swimmer" to me. This morning I went over to the pool at 9:30am (the pool opens at 10am on Sundays). Partially to get a spot and partially to see who was taking up the swimmer's spots. I was leaning toward a passive-aggressive approach like citations from youparklikeanasshole.com but then I decided to do direct confrontation. Nothing hits a church person like the naughty finger! (that is your index finger waving side to side).

The first car that drove in was obviously church-goers...I looked at them with huge eyes and pointed to the Pool Patron sign and they left the lot. I explained to the passengers in next three vehicles, that the pool was open at 10am, etc, etc...they left and found other parking. More church-goers with large families arrived and pretty much ignored me. I heard one person say "I just don't care". The last confrontation was with a couple that pulled up in their cream colored Escalade. Just a man and a woman (with no kids...obviously not doing their church-relatied duties). I explained to them that they were, in essence "stealing" from others...the woman (dressed in a bizarre designer frock with a weird collar and shoes with 6" contortionist heels) meekly said "thank you" as they trotted off to church and while staying in the Pool Patron spot.
I should have asked them to say a prayer for the swimmers that they were stealing parking spots from...

So as of today I am at 192,900 yards and 109.6 miles (100 miles was my goal last year)

No comments:

Post a Comment