Friday, February 27, 2009

I'm not like this in real life

The February Fitness Challenge is almost over. This evening started out super-crowded and suddenly I noticed I was the only one in the pool...for a very long time. The Friday guard was not sad to see me go that is for sure!
I have suffered aches, pains, cuts, rashes, burns, and general oddness just to break my 50-54W age group record. My last year's mark was 240.1. The record for my new age group was 262 miles...I am at 351.9 miles now. 8.1 more miles and I will call it finished. 360 miles sounds good. A mile for every degree in a circle.
I saw Jim Fitzpatrick (the alltime record holder for this event) at the beginning of this swim in the far lanes at the LBHS pool (never seen him in chlorine before) and then remembered him saying at the outset of his Catalina to OC swim: "I'm not like this in real life". I thought that was the height of absurdity then, but I think I get a sense of this now, because I am not like this in real life.
But I have the keys to my new place now so time to move soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment