Thursday, May 21, 2009

Okay then...

Ugh!
Still looking for work...
But I want to think I am still training for this thing! Catalina...
I am but I am not sure how I will foot the bill. It may end up being next year and I can deal with that.
I took the CCSF Observers Training course last Sunday; got my CPR certification; met some Channel Swimming icons! Anne Cleveland (oldest person to do do a double English Channel) Rendy Lynn Opedyke (swam Manhattan Island, English Channel and Catalina Channel in a 34 day time span), Carol Sing (oldest woman to swim Catalina at 55, but she is doing it again this year at 67!!!)
I will do it some day, I know!
Today I did a short (2 mile) training swim at Corona Del Mar. The water is a delightful 64F with variations. I got to swim with Jim Fitzpatrick (English Channel. Catalina Channel and first ever Catalina to Orange County swim).

No comments:

Post a Comment